Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Solo Exhibition

Here is the completed painting from my last post. I decided to use it for the post card for my upcoming solo exhibit at Lost Acres Vineyard in North Granby CT.  I am so excited about this show. It's been a little over a year in the making. I've been hoarding paintings all year to create this body of work.

Last year I had a two man show with Caleb Stone which was a great experience. For that exhibition I really began broadening my vocabulary in terms of painting the landscape. The pieces I exhibited were small but honest. I took those works and over the last year I've creatively exploded.

I think my greatest accomplishment over the last year was improving my sense of composition. I owe a lot of this to a group of guys on Instagram who have provided me with some great feedback.  Jon Hayes, Brian Martin and the legendary Donald Jurney have really expanded my concept of composition and how to approach a painting. Except for Jon who doesn't live in New England we all now get together once in a  while and spend the day painting along with some other great artists who we've all connected with via Instagram. It's really been a cool thing.

Ok enough about Instagram and some of the friends I've made through there. Here's the finished piece as a promo card for my show. This painting is titled "Eastward Morning" and is a 40x30 oil on canvas. This piece was created from some sketches I did on a cool summer morning somewhere around North Cornwall here in CT.





No comments:

Post a Comment